Frequently Asked Questions
Pilipinas Hoops is a fantasy basketball game for the Philippine Basketball Association (PBA). Users create a Superteam of their favorite PBA players and enter a Contest - their Superteam scores fantasy points based on how well the selected players perform in the real-life PBA games. Win prizes playing the free to play game fantasy PBA at Pilipinas Hoops. Follow the action with live scores and updates during the games.
Step 1: Join a Contest
- The Contests page lists all available contests.
- Join a Contest by clicking on the Play now button.
Step 2: Create a Superteam
- You need to create the Superteam by selecting a player for each position.
- Create your Superteam of your favorite PBA players without spending more than the given salary.
- Your Superteam will then compete against other users Superteams.
Step 3: Follow the action
- The Contest starts when the 1st PBA game in the Contest begins in real-life.
- You can login to Pilipinas Hoops to see live scores and ranks updated during the games.
Step 4: Win prizes and level-up
- Once all the real-life PBA games in the Contest are complete the final Contest rankings are determined.
- The points your Superteam scores also contributes to your Competition Leaderboard rank.
- Finish at the top of the Leaderboard at the end of the Competition to win the prizes.
- You will receive Baller Points equal to the total score of your Superteam.
- As you receive more Baller Points your Baller Level will increase and your profile will be upgraded.
Pilipinas Hoops is the biggest and best fantasy basketball game specifically for the PBA. Win prizes playing fantasy PBA at Pilipinas Hoops. Increase your enjoyment of PBA games by following the action and scores of your Superteam live during the PBA games. Contests run over 1 day, so you can play when you want. Join all the Contests in a Competition to increase your chances of winning the prizes.
The fantasy points scoring is as follows:
- Each point = 1 fantasy point
- Each three pointer = 0.5 fantasy points
- Each rebound = 1.2 fantasy points
- Each assist = 1.5 fantasy points
- Each steal = 2 fantasy points
- Each block = 2 fantasy points
- Each turnover = -1 fantasy point
Each player in your Superteam scores fantasy points depending on how the perform in the real-life PBA game. For example, if your player scores 3 points and 2 rebounds in the PBA game, he will score 5.4 fantasy points (1 x 3 points) + (1.2 x 2 rebounds). The fantasy points score of each player in your Superteam is then summed to give a team total and any bonuses from Powerups are applied. The team total is then used to rank your Superteam against other Superteams in the Contest.
When you enter a Contest you are given a salary limit of ₱100,000 which is used to select the players in your Superteam. Each player has a salary that must be paid out of the ₱100,000 limit. Better players have higher salaries, the challenge for you is to find undervalued players or players who you think will perform well in the upcoming games.
Each contestant that enters a Contest has the same starting salary limit of ₱100,000, so the challenge is to select the best Superteam of fantasy PBA players based on this limit.
The salary of each player changes over time depending on the popularity of the player, the Fantasy Points Per Game (FPPG) average of the player, and the recent form of the player. As a players performances improve and his popularity increases, so to will his salary increase.
Add Funds to your account so that you can use Powerups to increase the chances of your Superteam winning. Click on the icons copyright stars flight_takeoff
A Powerup gives your Superteam a bonus!
|copyright Team Captain||₱6||Select the player on your Superteam to be the Team Captain and he receives a bonus 20%|
|stars Star Player||₱12||Select the player on your Superteam to be the Star Player and he receives a bonus 50%|
|flight_takeoff Team Boost||₱18||Boost your entire Superteam and receive a bonus 20% to the total Superteam score|
About the Website
Welcome to https://pilipinashoops.com (the 'Website'). The Website offers free fantasy PBA contests (the 'Services').
The Website is operated by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd PTY LTD (ACN 610 551 383). Access to and use of the Website, or any of its associated Products or Services, is provided by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd. Please read these terms and conditions (the 'Terms') carefully. By using, browsing and/or reading the Website, this signifies that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by the Terms. If you do not agree with the Terms, you must cease usage of the Website, or any of Services, immediately.
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd reserves the right to review and change any of the Terms by updating this page at its sole discretion. When Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd updates the Terms, it will use reasonable endeavours to provide you with notice of updates to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms take immediate effect from the date of their publication. Before you continue, we recommend you keep a copy of the Terms for your records.
All Contests offered on Pilipinas Hoops are contests of skill. Contest winners are determined using the criteria set forth in the posted rules for each Contest, and through the relative knowledge and skill of entrants to score the highest amount of Contest points from the accumulated statistical results of the performance of individual athletes in multiple real-world sporting events. All prizes offered are established and made known to entrants in advance of a Contest and the value of prizes is not determined by the number of entrants or the amount of any fees paid by those entrants. No Contests offered on Pilipinas Hoops are based on the score, point spread, or any performance(s) of any single real-world team or any combination of such teams, or solely on any single performance of an individual athlete in any single real-world sporting or other event.
Acceptance of the Terms
The Terms sets forth terms and conditions, that govern your access to and use of the Pilipinas Hoops service and your participation in the contests offered therein. Your use, or continued use of the Services constitutes acceptance of the Agreement. Do not use Pilipinas Hoops if you do not wish to be bound by the Agreement.
Registration to use the Services
In order to access the Services, you must first register for an account through the Website (the 'Account').
As part of the registration process, or as part of your continued use of the Services, you may be required to provide personal information about yourself (such as identification or contact details), including:
- an email address
- preferred username
- a cell phone number
- a postal address
- login via a linked Facebook account
You warrant that any information you give to Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd in the course of completing the registration process will always be accurate, correct and up to date.
Once you have completed the registration process, you will be a registered member of the Website ('Member') and agree to be bound by the Terms.
You may not use the Services and may not accept the Terms if:
- you are not of legal age to form a binding contract with Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd; or
- you are a person barred from receiving the Services under the laws of Australia or other countries including the country in which you are resident or from which you use the Services.
Your obligations as a Member
As a Member, you agree to comply with the following:
- you will use the Services only for purposes that are permitted by:
- the Terms; and
- any applicable law, regulation or generally accepted practices or guidelines in the relevant jurisdictions;
- you have the sole responsibility for protecting the confidentiality of your password and/or email address. Use of your password by any other person may result in the immediate cancellation of the Services;
- any use of your registration information by any other person, or third parties, is strictly prohibited. You agree to immediately notify Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd of any unauthorised use of your password or email address or any breach of security of which you have become aware;
- access and use of the Website is limited, non-transferable and allows for the sole use of the Website by you for the purposes of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd providing the Services;
- you will not use the Services or the Website in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by the management of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd;
- you will not use the Services or Website for any illegal and/or unauthorised use which includes collecting email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorised framing of or linking to the Website;
- you agree that commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from the Website without notice and may result in termination of the Services. Appropriate legal action will be taken by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Website; and
- you acknowledge and agree that any automated use of the Website or its Services is prohibited.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
The Website, the Services and all of the related products of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd are subject to copyright. The material on the Website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and through international treaties. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the Services and compilation of the Website (including but not limited to text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips, Website, code, scripts, design elements and interactive features) or the Services are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd or its contributors.
All trademarks, service marks and trade names are owned, registered and/or licensed by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd, who grants to you a worldwide, nonexclusive, royalty-free, revocable license whilst you are a Member to:
- use the Website pursuant to the Terms;
- copy and store the Website and the material contained in the Website in your device's cache memory; and
- print pages from the Website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd does not grant you any other rights whatsoever in relation to the Website or the Services. All other rights are expressly reserved by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd.
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd retains all rights, title and interest in and to the Website and all related Services. Nothing you do on or in relation to the Website will transfer any:
- business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark, industrial design, patent, registered design or copyright, or
- a right to use or exploit a business name, trading name, domain name, trade mark or industrial design, or
- a thing, system or process that is the subject of a patent, registered design or copyright (or an adaptation or modification of such a thing, system or process),
You may not, without the prior written permission of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners: broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the Services or third party Services for any purpose, unless otherwise provided by these Terms. This prohibition does not extend to materials on the Website which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
Nothing in the Terms limits or excludes any guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions implied or imposed by law, including the Australian Consumer Law (or any liability under them) which by law may not be limited or excluded.
Subject to this clause, and to the extent permitted by law:
- all terms, guarantees, warranties, representations or conditions which are not expressly stated in the Terms are excluded; and
- Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd will not be liable for any special, indirect or consequential loss or damage (unless such loss or damage is reasonably foreseeable resulting from our failure to meet an applicable Consumer Guarantee), loss of profit or opportunity, or damage to goodwill arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms (including as a result of not being able to use the Services or the late supply of the Services), whether at common law, under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, pursuant to statute or otherwise.
Use of the Website and the Services is at your own risk. Everything on the Website and the Services is provided to you "as is" and "as available" without warranty or condition of any kind. None of the affiliates, directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors and licensors of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd make any express or implied representation or warranty about the Services or any products or Services (including the products or Services of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd) referred to on the Website. This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records;
- the accuracy, suitability or currency of any information on the Website, the Services, or any of its Services related products (including third party material and advertisements on the Website);
- costs incurred as a result of you using the Website, the Services or any of the products of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd; and
- the Services or operation in respect to links which are provided for your convenience.
Limitation of liability
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd's total liability arising out of or in connection with the Services or these Terms, however arising, including under contract, tort (including negligence), in equity, under statute or otherwise, will not exceed the resupply of the Services to you.
You expressly understand and agree that Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors and licensors shall not be liable to you for any direct, indirect, incidental, special consequential or exemplary damages which may be incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to, any loss of profit (whether incurred directly or indirectly), any loss of goodwill or business reputation and any other intangible loss.
Termination of Contract
The Terms will continue to apply until terminated by either you or by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd as set out below.
If you want to terminate the Terms, you may do so by:
- ceasing to use the Services; and
- closing your accounts for all of the services which you use, where Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd has made this option available to you.
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd may at any time, terminate the Terms with you if:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms or intend to breach any provision;
- Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd is required to do so by law;
- the provision of the Services to you by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd is, in the opinion of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd, no longer commercially viable.
Subject to local applicable laws, Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd reserves the right to discontinue or cancel your membership at any time and may suspend or deny, in its sole discretion, your access to all or any portion of the Website or the Services without notice if you breach any provision of the Terms or any applicable law or if your conduct impacts Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd's name or reputation or violates the rights of those of another party.
You agree to indemnify Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd, its affiliates, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers and licensors from and against:
- all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred, suffered or arising out of or in connection with Your Content;
- any direct or indirect consequences of you accessing, using or transacting on the Website or attempts to do so; and/or
- any breach of the Terms.
If a dispute arises out of or relates to the Terms, either party may not commence any Tribunal or Court proceedings in relation to the dispute, unless the following clauses have been complied with (except where urgent interlocutory relief is sort).
A party to the Terms claiming a dispute ('Dispute') has arisen under the Terms, must give written notice to the other party detailing the nature of the dispute, the desired outcome and the action required to settle the Dispute.
On receipt of that notice ('Notice') by that other party, the parties to the Terms ('Parties') must:
- Within 14 days of the Notice endeavour in good faith to resolve the Dispute expeditiously by negotiation or such other means upon which they may mutually agree;
- If for any reason whatsoever, 14 days after the date of the Notice, the Dispute has not been resolved, the Parties must either agree upon selection of a mediator or request that an appropriate mediator be appointed by the President of the Conflict Resolution Service or his or her nominee;
- The Parties are equally liable for the fees and reasonable expenses of a mediator and the cost of the venue of the mediation and without limiting the foregoing undertake to pay any amounts requested by the mediator as a pre-condition to the mediation commencing. The Parties must each pay their own costs associated with the mediation;
- The mediation will be held in New South Wales, Australia.
All communications concerning negotiations made by the Parties arising out of and in connection with this dispute resolution clause are confidential and to the extent possible, must be treated as "without prejudice" negotiations for the purpose of applicable laws of evidence.
If 3 months have elapsed after the start of a mediation of the Dispute and the Dispute has not been resolved, either Party may ask the mediator to terminate the mediation and the mediator must do so.
Venue and Jurisdiction
The Services offered by Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd is intended to be viewed by residents of the Philippines. In the event of any dispute arising out of or in relation to the Website, you agree that the exclusive venue for resolving any dispute shall be in the courts of New South Wales, Australia.
The Terms are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia. Any dispute, controversy, proceeding or claim of whatever nature arising out of or in any way relating to the Terms and the rights created hereby shall be governed, interpreted and construed by, under and pursuant to the laws of New South Wales, Australia, without reference to conflict of law principles, notwithstanding mandatory rules. The validity of this governing law clause is not contested. The Terms shall be binding to the benefit of the parties hereto and their successors and assigns.
Independent Legal Advice
Both parties confirm and declare that the provisions of the Terms are fair and reasonable and both parties having taken the opportunity to obtain independent legal advice and declare the Terms are not against public policy on the grounds of inequality or bargaining power or general grounds of restraint of trade.
If any part of these Terms is found to be void or unenforceable by a Court of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be severed and the rest of the Terms shall remain in force.
We respect your privacy
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd respects your right to privacy and is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our customers and website visitors. We adhere to the National Privacy Principles established by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This policy sets out how we collect and treat your personal information.
"Personal information" is information we hold which is identifiable as being about you.
Collection of personal information
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd will, from time to time, receive and store personal information you enter onto our website, provide to us directly or give to us in other forms.
You may provide basic information such as your name, phone number, address and email address to enable us to send information, provide updates and process your product or service order. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, when you provide feedback, when you provide information about your personal or business affairs, change your content or email preference, respond to surveys and/or promotions, provide financial or credit card information, or communicate with our customer support.
Additionally, we may also collect any other information you provide while interacting with us.
How we collect your personal information
Use of your personal information
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd may use personal information collected from you to provide you with information, updates and our services. We may also make you aware of new and additional products, services and opportunities available to you. We may use your personal information to improve our products and services and better understand your needs.
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd may contact you by a variety of measures including, but not limited to telephone, email, sms or mail.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers, insurers, professional advisers, agents, suppliers or subcontractors insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Personal information is only supplied to a third party when it is required for the delivery of our services.
We may from time to time need to disclose personal information to comply with a legal requirement, such as a law, regulation, court order, subpoena, warrant, in the course of a legal proceeding or in response to a law enforcement agency request.
We may also use your personal information to protect the copyright, trademarks, legal rights, property or safety of Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd, https://pilipinashoops.com, its customers or third parties.
Information that we collect may from time to time be stored, processed in or transferred between parties located in countries outside of Australia.
If there is a change of control in our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer to the extent permissible at law our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser under an agreement to maintain confidentiality. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith and where required by any of the above circumstances.
Security of your personal information
Pilipinas Hoops Pty Ltd is committed to ensuring that the information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Access to your personal information
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you in accordance with the provisions of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A small administrative fee may be payable for the provision of information. If you would like a copy of the information which we hold about you or believe that any information we hold on you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please email us at email@example.com.
We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Complaints about privacy
If you have any complaints about our privacy practices, please feel free to send in details of your complaints to firstname.lastname@example.org. We take complaints very seriously and will respond shortly after receiving written notice of your complaint.